To accompany its exhibition ‘Japanese Connections: The Birth of Modern Décor’, Louvre Abu Dhabi launches its first-ever space for teenagers and young adults, the Manga Lab. This creative, social zone is dedicated to Japanese culture and the popular art of Manga.
The Manga Lab offers a variety of entertaining and educational experiences, including:
- Expression Wall
- Retro arcade games
- Chillout and reading area inspired by Manga cafés
- Virtual reality pods bring Louvre Abu Dhabi’s collection of traditional Japanese prints to life
- Free master classes
Admission is included with your museum general admission ticket.
Louvre Abu Dhabi Art Club Members visit for free.
From 8 years old only.
Free master classes4pm – 7pm
- Friday 15.02 Manga drawing “Make your own Manga t-shirt” with Asami Art
- Thursday 21.02 “MANGA MEET ! “Draw with Asami Art & more manga artists, Special Event for Manga Fans from 5 to 7 pm
- Friday 22.02 Japanese printing “Customize a tote bag with Japanese texts” with Matthew McGrady
- Friday 08.03 Japanese printing “Print Japanese patterns on a tote bag“ with Salama Nasib
- Friday 22.03 Japanese printing “Japanese landscape printing“ with Salama Nasib
- Friday 05.04 Manga drawing “Create your own Manga character” with Asami Art
- Friday 12.04 Japanese printing “Printing & Collage” with Matthew McGrady
Free access with your museum ticket.
- Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday: 10am – 8pm
- Thursday and Friday: 10am – 10pm
- Closed on Mondays.
- Last entry and purchase is 30 minutes prior to closing.
- © Asmaa Al Remeithi - asamiart
- © Ayesha Al Hashime - a2_art
- © Aysha Al Ketbi - 3aishaart
- © Artfinity / Maryam Al Atouly
rotate your device to portrait mode