To accompany its exhibition ‘Japanese Connections: The Birth of Modern Décor’, Louvre Abu Dhabi launches its first-ever space for teenagers and young adults, the Manga Lab. This creative, social zone is dedicated to Japanese culture and the popular art of Manga.
The Manga Lab offers a variety of entertaining and educational experiences, including:
- Expression Wall
- Retro arcade games
- Chillout and reading area inspired by Manga cafés
- Virtual reality pods bring Louvre Abu Dhabi’s collection of traditional Japanese prints to life
- Free master classes
Admission is included with your museum general admission ticket.
Louvre Abu Dhabi Art Club Members visit for free.
From 8 years old only.
Free master classes4pm – 7pm
- Fr. 26.10 Manga drawing : “How to write a Manga story” with Maryam Al Atouly
- Sat. 27.10 Japanese printing : “Print your t-shirt with Manga faces” with Elena Smyrniotis
- Fr. 02.11 Manga drawing: “Transfer a script into a drawing” with Maryam Al Atouly
- Sat. 03.11 Japanese printing : “Print Manga characters on a tote bag” with Salama Nasib
- Fr. 16.11 Japanese printing : “Printing and collage” with Matthew McGrady
- Sat. 17.11 Manga drawing : “Make your own Manga t-shirt” with Asami Art
- Fr. 07.12 Manga drawing : “Create your Chibi Style character” with Asami Art
- Sat. 08.12 Japanese printing : “Manga Monsters Printing” with Elena Smyrniotis
- Fr. 21.12 Japanese printing : “Let’s print a collective Manga story” with Salama Nasib
- Sat. 22.12 Manga drawing : “Self-portrait: turn yourself into a Manga” with Aysha Al Hashime
- Fr. 04.01 Japanese printing : “Customize a t-shirt with Japanese texts” with Matthew McGrady
- Sat. 05.01 Manga drawing : “Let’s make a story book” with Asami Art
Free access with your museum ticket.
- Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday: 10am – 8pm
- Thursday and Friday: 10am – 10pm
- Closed on Mondays.
- Last entry and purchase is 30 minutes prior to closing.
- © Asmaa Al Remeithi - asamiart
- © Ayesha Al Hashime - a2_art
- © Aysha Al Ketbi - 3aishaart
- © Artfinity / Maryam Al Atouly
rotate your device to portrait mode