Make and Play
Explore Louvre Abu Dhabi art works at home!
Make and Play are short, fun videos for all the family to make art inspired by the collection using simple materials.
Share your designs online.
Tag us @LouvreAbuDhabi
Make a Necklace | Art Activity
Create a necklace inspired by Egyptian patterns
Make a Necklace Instructions
Title: Make a Necklace
Overview: Create a necklace inspired by Egyptian patterns
Themes: Wearable crafts
Artworks: Sarcophagus of Princess Henuttawy: Coffins and mummy wrappings, Egypt, 950 — 900 BCE, Louvre Abu Dhabi
Age Range: 8-12 years old
Activity Timing: 45 minutes
Materials: Foam plate, black marker, scissors, paintbrush, green, red and gold paint, pencil and jar lid (optional)
- What patterns do you notice?
- What do you think the symbols mean?
- Can you spot the flowers? What do you think they represent?
1. Place the jar lid in the center of the foam plate then slide it towards the top edge
2. Trace around the lid
3. Use a marker to decorate the plate with patterns
4. Use different paints to colour in your patterns
You have created your own necklace inspired by Princess Henuttawy!
Share your designs!
Tag us online @LouvreAbuDhabi #MakeandPlay