Who We Are
Louvre Abu Dhabi is a new cultural beacon, bringing different cultures together to shine fresh light on the shared stories of humanity. The origins of the Louvre Abu Dhabi date back to March 2007. The UAE and France formed an unprecedented partnership for cultural exchange, and the highlight of this would be the establishment of the Louvre Abu Dhabi on Saadiyat Island. The partnership would combine the UAE’s bold vision of cultural progression and openness, with France’s expertise in the world of art and museums. It would explore the shared themes that reveal and connect humanity.
The result is Louvre Abu Dhabi. It represents the dynamic nature of the contemporary Arab world while celebrating the region’s vibrant multicultural heritage. Agence France-Muséums – 17 of France’s most renowned cultural institutions – coordinates the loan of artworks to this UAE museum and provides management expertise.
About this Privacy Notice
This privacy notice applies to information we collect about:
• Visitors to our digital channels (e.g., website, apps, social media)
• Devices detected by our free Wi-Fi service
• People who use and support our services
• Visitors, staff & vendors through surveillance equipment (e.g., videos, photos, etc.)
• People calling on helpline (through call recording)
• Visitors visiting museum
The notice provides information on how we use any personal information we collect about you, your rights to access and correct the information we hold about you, and how to contact us for queries or complaints about our use of your personal information or to opt-out from non-transactional communications.
What information do we collect?
When we ask you to provide your personal information, we will let you know why we are asking, and how we will use your data, and direct you towards this notice for more information. We take great care in storing this data.
When do we collect personal information?
Personal information is collected directly from you when you interact with us and allow us to do so, for example:
• Register with the Louvre Abu Dhabi to use our services
• Pre-book your ticket to visit Louvre Abu Dhabi
• Make purchases from a boutique online
• Join us as a member
• Gift membership to someone
• Send or receive an email
• Make an inquiry
• Visit our websites
• Apply for a role with us
• Hire space for a corporate or private event
• Participate in an event at the museum
• Subscribe to our newsletter, offers, and promotions
• Voluntarily participate in a survey
• Provide us your feedback
• Participate in competitions and social media conversations
• Connect to our Wi-Fi network Device information, i.e., MAC address.
• Call on our helpline
• Do live chat with us
Information may be collected in person, over the phone, through our websites, social media, or from something you’ve posted to us.
We also collect information when you allow others to share it with us via third parties, for example:
• Company contacts
• Organizations processing data on our behalf, e.g., Direct Debits
Personal information we collect
Personal information we collect may include:
• Your first and last name, including your title
• Date of birth
• Email addresses
• Phone numbers
• Language preferences
• Country of residence
Other information we collect may include:
• Details of your ticket purchase
• Online purchases from Boutique
• Details of correspondence sent to you or received from you
• Your interest related to activities at Museum
• Date of your visit (when you buy a ticket online)
How we use your information
We collect your information in order to fulfill our public task and provide you with the service/s you have requested.
When you sign up, subscribe, and opt-in to our communications through online channels or in person, then you are giving us your consent to send you non-transactional communications by the methods you have chosen (e.g., email or SMS). We will never send you these communications by email or SMS without your consent, and you can opt out or withdraw your consent at any time.
There are some transactional communications that we are required to send regardless of your contact preferences. These are essential communications, deemed necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations to you. This may include thanking you and renewal letters, member benefits, and queries regarding returned mail or bounced payments, booking, and purchases-related communications, etc.
Responding to your queries
If you contact us with queries, comments, compliments or, complaints then we will keep a record of this correspondence and any associated documents so that we have the information available in the event of a follow-up, dispute, or investigation.
Notifying you of changes to policies
If we make updates to our policies that may affect you, we will use your contact details to inform you of the changes.
Marketing and Communications
We may send you Marketing and other communication based on your consent. The communication that we might share with you includes:
• Details of other products, services, or events related to the Museum, such as exhibitions, events, boutique, cafe, or restaurant offers
• News and updates about the Museum such as our marketing, learning, promotions, or newsletters
• Studies and feedback surveys to provide you a better experience and serve you better
It is within the Museum’s legitimate interests to store and perform analytics on your data to continue to improve our understanding of our target audiences. This is so we can provide world-class, transformative, visitor-focused experiences, customer support, and knowledgeable visit.
Visitor analytics data is collected on an anonymous basis wherever possible, or pseudonymized so that individuals cannot be readily identified. This includes monitoring visitor numbers and tracking the movement of people around the Museum.
We carry out customer analytics to improve our understanding of our target audiences. We do this by analyzing your commercial transactions (e.g., ticket and boutique purchases) and activities (e.g., email interaction with the Museum, such as the use of Museum Wi-Fi including via cookies and similar technologies). This helps us target our marketing more efficiently, understand what topics you are interested in, and personalize and improve your experience if you have consented to receive communications from us.
You can choose to opt out from our marketing-related communications at any time by visiting our website.
Sharing information with third parties
We will never sell the information we collect from you to any third parties, nor share it with any third parties or external organizations, other than our trusted data processors and service providers carrying out work on our behalf.
We do a comprehensive assessment of data protection controls and measures of any companies working on our behalf before we sign a contract with them. We will put a contract in place that sets out our expectations and requirements regarding how they must process and handle the personal data collected by us. We will apply for your explicit and informed consent if we need to share your data in any other way that is not covered in this policy.
We will never share your information with third parties or external organizations to use for their own purposes, other than where we are required by law.
Transfer of personal data outside the UAE
We will always ensure an adequate level of protection is provided for personal information transferred outside the UAE. If the external organizations and third parties we share your personal data with are in a country without adequate data protection in place, we will place contractual requirements on them to handle personal data to the same standard that is required by Data Privacy legislation in the UAE.
How long do we retain your data
The information that we hold about you will only be kept for such periods as is necessary to perform the required purpose unless a longer period for the retention of your personal information is required by law.
Your rights to manage your data
Under the UAE data privacy legislation, you have the following rights in order to have your data managed as per your wish:
• The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
• The right to access personal data and supplementary information
• The right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete
• The right to erasure (to be forgotten) in certain circumstances
• The right to restrict processing in certain circumstances
• The right to data portability, which allows you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services
• The right to object to processing in certain circumstances
• Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling
• The right to withdraw consent at any time (where relevant)
• The right to complain to the UAE Data Office
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse your requests where exceptions apply.
Protection of your data
Our trusted data processors and other service providers will only process your personal information on and as per our instructions and where they have signed an agreement to treat your information confidentially and to keep it protected.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered, or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on and as per our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and the UAE Data Office of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Louvre Abu Dhabi may change and/or update this privacy notice from time to time to meet changes in the laws/standards, business needs, or to satisfy the needs of our visitors and members. We keep our privacy notice under regular review. Any changes to this Privacy notice will be posted on our website and date-stamped so that you are always aware of the latest update.
Have privacy-related queries? Contact us
Should you have any concerns or questions regarding your privacy, you may submit your inquiries to [email protected].