MAKE AND PLAY
Explore Louvre Abu Dhabi art works at home!
Make and Play are short, fun videos for all the family to make art inspired by the collection using simple materials.
Share your designs online.
Tag us @LouvreAbuDhabi
Make a Brooch | Art Activity
Create a brooch using materials found at home
Make a Brooch Instructions
Title: Make a Brooch
Overview: Create a brooch using materials found at home
Themes: Collage and painting
Artworks: Brooch in the form of an Eagle, Italian Peninsula, 450 – 500 CE, Louvre Abu Dhabi, ©Department of Culture and Tourism-Abu Dhabi
Age Range: 6-12 years old
Activity Timing: 45 minutes
Materials: Pencil, paper, cardboard, yarn, paintbrush, gold paint, black marker, PVA glue, tape, safety pin.
- What do you see?
- What patterns do you notice?
- Where do you think this brooch is from?
- Who do you think wore this brooch?
1. Download the eagle template on your tablet
2. Trace a copy of the eagle onto paper and then onto thick cardboard
3. Look at the artwork again
4. Use a black marker to add patterns to your drawing
5. Go over the lines and patterns with PVA glue
6. Stick yarn to the PVA glue and wait to dry
7. Decorate your eagle with coloured markers and paint
8. Cut out the eagle and tape a safety pin to the back of the design
Now place your eagle brooch onto your bag!
Share your designs!
Tag us online @LouvreAbuDhabi #MakeandPlay