Make and Play
Explore Louvre Abu Dhabi art works at home!
Make and Play are short, fun videos for all the family to make art inspired by the collection using simple materials.
Share your designs online.
Tag us @LouvreAbuDhabi
Make a Collage | Art Activity
Create a bag inspired by the lines and colours of Mondrian’s painting
Make and Play Instructions
Title: Make a Collage
Overview: Create a bag inspired by the lines and colours of Mondrian’s painting.
Artwork: Composition in Blue, Red, Yellow and Black, Piet Mondrian, 1922
Age Range: 4-10 years old
Activity Timing: 30 – 45 minutes
Materials: White paper or card, black tape or black paper cut into strips, Red paper, Blue paper, Yellow paper, glue stick, scissors, hole puncher and string.
1. Add the black line
2. Cut the coloured paper up into different sized shapes
2. Glue the shapes onto the white card to create a pattern
3. Add more black lines
4. Fold the paper in half and glue two sides
5. Punch holes along the edges of the paper
6. Attach the string for the handles
7. Now you have your very own unique Mondrian bag.