Make and Play
Explore Louvre Abu Dhabi art works at home!
Make and Play are short, fun videos for all the family to make art inspired by the collection using simple materials.
Share your designs online.
Tag us @LouvreAbuDhabi
Make a Costume | Art Activity
Make a Costume Instructions
Title: Make a Costume
Overview: Create a costume design
Themes: Everyday Fashion
Artwork Photography Caption: Toto Surugacho
Utagawa Hiroshige, Japan,1858.
©Department of Culture and Tourism-Abu Dhabi
Age Range: 6 -12 years old
Activity Timing: 45 minutes
Materials: Costume template, Watercolours, Coloured pencils, Glue stick, Scissors, Coloured paper (black optional), White paper, Pencil, Marker
- What can you tell about a person from the clothes they wear?
- What do you see? What are they wearing?
- What colours and patterns can you see on the outfits?
1. Download, print and cut out your favourite costume template
2. Connect the parts together using glue or butterfly pins
3. Use coloured paper to cut out hair
4. Look carefully at the patterns in the artworks
5. Colour your outfit using watercolour, pencils, or markers
6. Draw a pattern on your costume
7. Add facial features
8. Finish your costume by adding accessories
Share your designs!
Tag us online @LouvreAbuDhabi #MakeandPlay