MAKE AND PLAY
Explore Louvre Abu Dhabi art works at home!
Make and Play are short, fun videos for all the family to make art inspired by the collection using simple materials.
Share your designs online.
Tag us @LouvreAbuDhabi
Make a Hieroglyph Tablet | Art Activity
Make a Hieroglyph tablet inspired by the artwork
Make a Hieroglyph Tablet
Title: Make a Hieroglyph Tablet
Overview: Make a Hieroglyph tablet inspired by the artwork
Artworks: Stele in the name of Tutankhamun, pharaoh of Egypt, Egyptian civilisation, Egypt, Abydos, About 1327 BCE, Pink granite, Louvre Abu Dhabi
Age Range: 6-12 years old
Activity Timing: 45 minutes
Materials: Air-dry clay, Candle, Pencil, Ruler, Mirror, Scissors, Plastic table cover, Hieroglyphs template
- What do you see?
- What do think these symbols represent?
- Where do you think this artwork is from?
1. Cover your surface with a plastic cover
2. Use the hieroglyphs template to write your message
3. Use a mirror to help write your message backwards onto the candle
4. Use a pencil to carve the hieroglyphs onto the candle. Make sure to add pressure
5. Prepare a long piece of the Air-dry clay
6. Roll the candle along the clay to reveal your hieroglyphs message
You have created your very own hieroglyphs tablet!
Share your designs!
Tag us online @LouvreAbuDhabi #MakeandPlay