Make and Play
Explore Louvre Abu Dhabi art works at home!
Make and Play are short, fun videos for all the family to make art inspired by the collection using simple materials.
Share your designs online.
Tag us @LouvreAbuDhabi
Make a Replica Incense Burner by The National Museum, Sultanate of Oman | Art Activity
Artwork Photography Caption: Sultanate of Oman, Governorate of Dhofar, al-Baleed
Shell and mineralised incense
The National Museum, Sultanate of Oman
Age Range: 6 -12 years old
Activity Timing: 45 minutes
Materials: template, scissors, glue stick, coloured pencils, water colours, marker, green paper pieces, frankincense, buttons or cotton balls (optional)
1. What do you see?
2. What do you think this object is used for?
3. Which country do you think Frankincense originates from?
1. Print out the template of the shell.
2. Use colouring pencils to colour the shell.
3. Turn over the template.
4. Use water colours to colour the tree.
5. Customise your tree with decorations.
6. Write your favorite quote or wish on the lines above.
Share your designs!
Tag us online @LouvreAbuDhabi #MakeandPlay
Disclaimer: The materials and templates used in this MakeandPlay video are property of The National Museum, Sultanate of Oman.