Are you ready for the Spring Challenge?
Art in Motion
From 4 to 8 April
Children (8-12 years) or Teenagers (13-18 years)
Our exhibition Abstraction and Calligraphy: Towards a Universal Language inspires our activities and art challenge this spring.
Explore how artists were inspired by calligraphy and writing to create symbols that communicate ideas and emotions.
Add your own story.
Animate the artworks from the exhibition.
Join our Art in Motion Online Program (package of 10 workshops over 5 days) to make your very own animated short film.
Work with a specialist animator to:
• Develop a concept and story, and prepare a storyboard
• Design characters and backgrounds
• Learn about stop motion animation
Your film will be part of the online Louvre Abu Dhabi Premier on Tuesday 13 April at 5pm.
5 Day Online Workshop Package includes:
• 10 Workshops
• 2 online workshops a day: (Zoom platform)
- 1 Skill-based Animation Workshop – Children 10:00-11:30 or Teens 14:00-15:30
- 1 Focus Group Workshop to hone your ideas and filmmaking abilities – Children 12:00-13:00 or Teens 16:00-17:00
• Online visit to the exhibition
• Online screening and premiere
(Discounted price for Art Club Members and DCT employees: 400 AED*)
* all our prices exclude VAT
Materials required: Stop Motion Studio App (Apple or Android), iPads or iPhones, modelling clay, cardboard, paper, scissors, glue, colouring pens and pencils, acrylic paint.
Optional: cutters and cutting pad, modelling wires, tripod or stand and basic lighting equipment
Download our Young Visitors Guide to learn more about the artworks in the exhibition and the Art in Motion program
Oriental Bliss by Paul Klee
In this artwork, Paul Klee was inspired by Arabic and Chinese sacred texts. He experimented with pictograms and bright colours to capture a memorable visit to Tunisia. What symbols do you see in this painting?
Watch our #MakeandPlay videos for inspiration!