7 – 31 July
Come with your friends and take over the heart of the museum in our ARTLAB
Join in the activities! Meet an artist, print your ideas, speak your word, reimagine history, create 3D art, reinterpret our collection, experiment and have fun!
What is the ARTLAB? ARTLAB is an opportunity to think and look at art creatively, dive into a range of art-making practices, interact with artists, and make your own art inspired by the museum art collection.
Choose from a series of workshops inspired by the artworks where you can make 3D art, map and print your ideas, express yourself through spoken word and performance, reimagine history, reinterpret our art collections, experiment and - most importantly - enjoy the experience.
Who teaches the workshops? Five leading UAE artists, in partnership with our Museum Educators, will lead the ARTLAB workshops. Dr Afra Atiq, the celebrated Emirati scholar and poet, leads the spoken word and performance workshops. Taqwa Alnaqbi leads the papermaking and printmaking sessions and Sultan AlRemeithi leads the sculpture workshop from Lines to Sculpture. Nasser AlZayani leads the ‘Seeking Object(ivity)’ workshop around the collection while Emma Butler leads the 3D art making sessions inspired by our masks and join NYUAD students to explore fashion and art.
Download the full timetable here.
When do the workshops happen? The three-hour workshops take place every day between Wednesday and Saturday, from 7 July to 31 July 2021. Choose from two time slots: 10:30 to 13:30 (13-17 years old) or 15:30 to 18:30 (18+ years old). Places are limited per workshop.
How much do the workshops cost?
- AED 100 (includes museum admission) per workshop for under-17s (13 to 17 years old)
- AED 100 (Does not include museum entry, a separate admission ticket must be bought) per workshop for (18+ years old)
- AED 80 per workshop for Art Club members, DCT Staff, Youth Passes, and Teacher Passes
Tickets include art materials and access to museum galleries
Bring your own iPad, tablets and/or smartphones
Ask about the ARTLAB Voucher that gives you every fourth workshop free
BOOK YOUR SPOT NOW!
Week 1 Week 2
Week 3 Week 4
Terms and Conditions
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the workshop starts
- ARTLAB workshops are skilled-based interactive workshops led by an artist and Museum Educators
- The ticket is valid for 15 minutes after start time, and the museum has the right to reallocate your seat to another participant if you are late
- There are no refunds or cancellations
- We will issue you the ARTLAB Loyalty Card on the first workshop, and the fourth workshop is free. To redeem your free workshop (4th), use the unique
identification code on the voucher issued.
- Participants use their personal tablets and smartphones at their own risk
- We take all precautions necessary, and social distancing (2m) is in place to assure everyone’s safety
- Attendees need to wear their masks within the museum premises at all times
For any further inquiries, you can contact our Call Centre on +971 600 565 566