Louvre Abu Dhabi Visitor Guidelines
VISITOR GUIDELINES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Louvre Abu Dhabi museum (the Museum) visitor guidelines
For your safety when visiting the Museum, please note the following:
• In line with government guidelines, all visitors aged 16 and above must be vaccinated and show a ‘Green’ status on the Alhosn app to enter the museum.
• Museum admission tickets (the ticket(s)) must be purchased in advance and are available via the Museum’s website.
• A maximum of 10 Tickets may be booked per visit day. Each child under 13 must be accompanied by an adult,
• An Arrival Time Slot must be selected when booking your Ticket(s). Please arrive maximum 10 minutes prior to your time slot
• If you do not arrive during your Arrival Time Slot, entry will be denied and no refund will be offered
• Masks must be worn whilst indoors at the Museum.
• The wearing of gloves is optional, but if they are not worn, hands must be washed, or hand sanitizer must be used, regularly in accordance with the health protocols.
• Thermal scanning is in place on entry - if you show any symptom of illness, such as a fever (≥37.3℃), coughing or shortness of breath, you will not be allowed to enter the Museum.
• You must keep at least 2m distance between you (or your party) and other visitors whilst in the Museum, including in queues and in the galleries.
• Guided tours are available for groups of up to 10 people.
• If the Museum building is becoming crowded, interim measures will be taken to ensure safety – such as the slowing of entry flow.
• At all Museum retail outlets including, but not limited to its website, food and beverage outlets and boutique credit card or Smart payments are preferred.
• Hand sanitizers are available throughout the Museum and should be used regularly.
• Gloves are recommended when handling items in the Boutique.
• The valet parking service is available. Please refer to the Terms & Conditions Terms & Conditions
• Cloakrooms are available
• No paper maps or brochures will be available at the Museum.
• Lifts are reserved for people of determination, those with mobility issues, and parents with strollers.
• For your safety, multimedia guides are not available for rental.
• Download our free app to your personal device, to enjoy a complimentary multimedia guide to use to fully explore our artworks and navigate the museum. Don’t forget your headphones!
Louvre Abu Dhabi General Terms and Conditions of Sale
These terms and conditions of sale (the Terms) constitute the general terms and conditions for the sale of onsite, online and auditorium admission tickets (Tickets) of the Louvre Abu Dhabi museum (the Museum). They apply, without amendment or restriction, to all products and services made available from time to time by the Louvre Abu Dhabi.
The Museum reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to vary, amend or modify these Terms at any time and without notice.
The products and services offered for sale on the Museum’s website, onsite, and on its ticketing kiosk machines are only to private individuals and natural persons, for their own personal use and consumption. As a private individual, the buyer represents and warrants to the Museum that he/she is not a professional or commercial buyer and is not attempting to acquire or use in any way the products and services offered for sale by the Museum for professional or commercial use or for profit.
For all professional and commercial purchases of products and services of the Museum, the buyer must contact the Museum’s call centre: 600 56 55 66 or [email protected]
General terms and conditions of sale for accompanied groups at the Museum can be found at https://www.louvreabudhabi.ae/en/visit/group-visits.
Louvre Abu Dhabi, Saadiyat Cultural District
Email: [email protected] (general inquiries)
Telephone: 600 56 55 66
E-mail: [email protected] (to make a booking)
The call centre is open from 8am to 8pm, seven days a week.
Methods of Payment
All prices of any goods and services being provided at the Museum are subject to change at its absolute discretion without notice. If the prices are changed, the prices applicable at the time of purchase of the admission tickets, products and services will apply.
• The only currency accepted onsite for cash payment in the Louvre Abu Dhabi is the United Arab Emirates Dirham (AED). The museum Boutique however accepts cash payments in United Arab Emirates Dirham (AED) but also in Euros (EUR) and Dollars (USD).
• Payment is also accepted by credit card and debit card (VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS, DINERS or CHINA UNION PAY).Bank card information is only kept for the time it takes to process the order.
• Taxes and VAT will be applicable based on Abu Dhabi laws.
• The online purchase of the Tickets, products and/ or services, must be made by credit card. Purchases will be charged in United Arab Emirates Dirhams (AED).
The buyer's bank account will be debited once only by the Museum via its secure payment site for the total amount of the Tickets, products and/or services purchased by the buyer and only when the buyer has registered in accordance with the online procedure on the Museum’s website.
Admission Ticket Check
All Tickets are systematically checked in the Museum by optical identification of the bar code printed on the Ticket.
Only tickets with a bar code and perfectly legible text will be accepted. Any partially printed, soiled, damaged or illegible tickets will not be accepted by the Museum.
For virtual Tickets downloaded onto the smartphone application, if the smartphone screen is cracked/ damaged or has lighting problems, the Ticket will be rejected at the time of the admission check. It is prohibited to photograph, film, record or re-broadcast in any way, the bar code that appears on the tickets or to help any other person acting in this way.
The Museum reserves the right to refuse any access if presented with a Ticket that does not comply with these Terms.
Methods of Use for Admission Tickets
• Tickets are only valid for the reserved date and/or time.
• Tickets must be retained for the entire duration of the visit.
• Tickets can be checked at any time during the visit.
• Any soiled or damaged tickets will not be accepted.
• Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable.
Tickets purchased on the Museum’s website will be delivered by email to the email address supplied by the visitor. If the visitor does not receive the email, they should contact the Museum immediately through the call centre 600 56 55 66.
Complying with Visitor Regulations
Visitors must comply with the Museum’s Visitor regulations.
Any visitor who does not comply with the Museum’s visitor regulations may be denied access to the Museum without being entitled to a refund of their Ticket.
Louvre Abu Dhabi Memberships
Members must comply with terms & conditions of the membership card held.
Please refer to:
Louvre Abu Dhabi Art Club Membership Terms and Conditions
Louvre Abu Dhabi Youth Pass Terms and Conditions
Louvre Abu Dhabi Teach Pass Terms and Conditions
Admission to events in the Auditorium
Admission is guaranteed up to ten (10) minutes prior to the time indicated on the Ticket. After this time, wait-listed patrons will be allowed into the Museum’s auditorium (Auditorium). Latecomers will not be permitted entry into the Auditorium before the scheduled intervals and their Ticket will be non-refundable. Seats in the Auditorium are not allocated and are given on a first come, first served basis. Ticket holders are advised to arrive fifteen (15) to forty five (45) minutes prior to the start of events, depending of the event.
The use of mobile phones and all other electronic devices is strictly prohibited inside the Auditorium. Photography, filming and sound recordings are not authorised at any time during events. Eating and drinking are not permitted inside the Auditorium.
Children under the age of three (3) are not permitted into the Auditorium, except in the case of family events.
Photography, Film and Recording
At Museum, we do not prohibit visitors, staff and others from photographing, filming, or recording for non-commercial purposes. Please consult the visitor rules for more information.
Photographing, filming, and recording for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited without the Museum’s prior written authorization. Anyone found to violate this policy may have his or her equipment confiscated, and photographs, films, and recordings destroyed.
The Museum’s staff and contractors, and any other party authorized by the Museum may from time to time, and in accordance with the applicable law and Museum regulations, capture still and moving images at the Museum in which photographs the likeness of the visitor may appear. The visitors grant the Museum a blanket right to capture and use those images for any purpose connected with the promotion, communication archiving of the Museum and its related operation (without limitation) provided they appear in the background of the image and are not its primary subject matter.
Cancellation and Reimbursement Requests
Tickets and associated product(s) and/or service(s) cannot be returned or exchanged and will not be reimbursed (including, without limitation, if lost or stolen).
No refund will be made after the payment for the purchase of the Tickets, products and/or services is received by the Museum. If exceptional circumstances apply, refund request must be submitted in writing, with all supporting documentation, to [email protected]
The liability of the Museum to the buyer in contract, tort or otherwise arising out of or in connection with the purchase of Tickets is limited in all cases to an amount equal to the aggregate cost of the Tickets, products and/or services purchased by the buyer.
The Museum is not responsible for and will not be liable in contract, tort or otherwise for any cost, claim, action, damage or loss suffered or incurred by the buyer arising out of or in connection with:
• Any act, omission, default or fault of the buyer.
• Any act or omission, default or fault by any third party.
• Force majeure, including, without limitation, war, rioting, uprising, interruption in transport services, fire, computer failure, interruptions in telecommunications (including, without limitation, networks and the Internet), flooding or natural disaster.
• Any error arising out of or in connection with order processing or printing of print-at-home Ticket.
• Any negligent act or omission arising out of or in connection with the loss, theft or the illegal use of the print-at-home ticket.
• Any matter or thing arising out of or in connection with the use of the internet network (including, without limitation, the loss of data, interference, viruses or interruption of service).
• Any matter or thing arising out of or in connection with the cancellation or postponement of a programmed event at the Museum.
These Terms are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and the Federal laws of the United Arab Emirates as applicable in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.