Terms & Conditions
Louvre Abu Dhabi General Terms and Conditions of Sale
These terms and conditions of sale constitute the general terms and conditions for the sale of onsite, online and auditorium admission tickets of the Louvre Abu Dhabi. They apply without amendment or restriction to all admission tickets made available from time to time by the Louvre Abu Dhabi for sale to private individuals and natural persons.
The Louvre Abu Dhabi reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to vary, amend or modify these terms and conditions of sale at any time and without notice. These terms and conditions of sale override and take the place of any other terms and conditions emanating from or referred to by a purchaser of admission tickets for the Louvre Abu Dhabi.
The admission tickets offered for sale on the website and onsite of the Louvre Abu Dhabi are offered for sale only to private individuals and natural persons (a Buyer), for their own personal use. Each Buyer represents and warrants that he or she is not a professional or commercial buyer and is not attempting to acquire or use in any way the admission tickets offered for sale by the Louvre Abu Dhabi for professional or commercial use or for profit.
For all professional and commercial purchases of admission tickets of the Louvre Abu Dhabi, the Buyer must contact the Louvre Abu Dhabi call centre 600 56 55 66 or tourism@louvreabudhabi.
The louvre abudhabi museum is open from 10 am to 8pm Saturday to Wednesday except on Monday closed and from 10 am to 10 pm on Thursday and Friday.
Information on the products and services offered by the Louvre Abu Dhabi and all applicable prices are listed on the Louvre Abu Dhabi website www.louvreabudhabi.ae.
Admission tickets are valid only for the date of issue stated on them and must be retained until the end of the visit to the Louvre Abu Dhabi.
Admission tickets purchased on the Louvre Abu Dhabi website will be delivered by email to the email address supplied by the Buyer. If the email from the Louvre Abu Dhabi is not received by the Buyer, the Buyer must contact the Louvre Abu Dhabi immediately on its call center telephone number 600 56 55 66
Reduced prices are available on application for certain visitors to the Louvre Abu Dhabi. The following visitors are eligible for a reduction only if a valid form of identification is presented at the ticketing reception at the Louvre Abu Dhabi:
- Individuals aged 13 to 22 years (valid identity card or passport)
- UAE teachers (staff ID card)
- Louvre Abu Dhabi Auditorium/Workshop admission tickets holders
- UAE Military (staff ID card or Humat al Wattan Card)
- Louvre Abu Dhabi Art Club Members
Free access during opening hours to the Louvre Abu Dhabi will be granted on presentation of a valid proof of eligibility for:
- Members of the Louvre Abu Dhabi Art Club (valid membership card)
- Children aged under 13 years (valid identity card or passport)
- ICOM/ICOMOS members (valid ICOM or ICOMOS card)
- Journalists (valid press card)
- Disabled persons and their accompanying adult (disability card)
Methods of Payment
All prices are subject to change in the absolute discretion of the Louvre Abu Dhabi without notice. If the prices are changed, the prices applicable at the time of purchase of the admission tickets apply.
- The only currency accepted onsite for cash payment in the Louvre Abu Dhabi is the United Arab Emirates Dirham (AED).
- Payment is also accepted by credit card and debit card (VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS, DINERS or CHINA UNION PAY). Bank card information is only kept for the time it takes to process the order.
- Prices are exclusive of value added tax (if any).
The online purchase of admission tickets must be made by credit card. Purchases will be charged in United Arab Emirates dirhams (AED).
The Buyer's bank account will be debited once only by the Louvre Abu Dhabi via its secure payment site for the total amount of the admission tickets purchased and only when the Buyer has registered in accordance with the online procedure on the Louvre Abu Dhabi website.
Verification of Admission Tickets
All tickets are systematically checked in the Louvre Abu Dhabi by optical identification of the bar code printed on the admission ticket.
Only admission tickets with a bar code and perfectly legible text will be accepted. Any partially printed, soiled, damaged or illegible admission tickets will not be accepted. For virtual admission tickets downloaded onto the smartphone application, any smartphone screen support that is cracked, damaged or has lighting problems will be rejected at the time of the admission check.
It is strictly prohibited to photograph, film, record or re-broadcast in any way, the bar code that appears on an admission ticket.
The admission ticket is personal and non-transferable.
Louvre Abu Dhabi reserves the right to refuse access to all or part of the Louvre Abu Dhabi in its absolute discretion, including if presented with an admission ticket that does not comply with these general terms and conditions of sale.
All visitors to the Louvre Abu Dhabi must comply with the visiting rules of Louvre Abu Dhabi, which are deemed incorporated by reference into these general terms and conditions of sale and which can be viewed at Louvre Abu Dhabi counters or at www.louvreabudhabi.ae
Any visitor who does not comply with the visiting rules of Louvre Abu Dhabi may be refused access to the Louvre Abu Dhabi or required immediately to leave without being entitled to a refund of the cost of admission to the Louvre Abu Dhabi.
Visitors must also comply with all instructions, warnings, notices and other written materials, including without limitation relating to health and safety, provided by the Louvre Abu Dhabi or displayed at the Louvre Abu Dhabi.
Louvre Abu Dhabi Art Club Membership
Memberships are non-refundable.
Two types of membership are offered: Member+1 (General Membership) and Member+5 (Family or Group Membership). Each membership type has its own admission rules listed below.
General Membership: this membership card admits 2 people only at any one time. The membership account holder receives one card and is able to admit themselves along with one guest using this card. The guest can be a different person each time. The guest does not need to be named.
Family or Group Membership: this membership admits the member plus 5 people, each member receives their own membership card with their name printed on it. The membership account holder can add a minimum of two named members (including themselves) and can have a maximum of six named members in their Member+5 package. Only persons with their names printed on the cards will be admitted to the Museum.
Membership is personal and cannot be transferred to another person.
Lost cards will be replaced but a fee amount 50 AED will be charged.
Published benefits may be changed or be unavailable at certain times.
Louvre Abu Dhabi reserves the right to withdraw or withhold membership from any person who does not comply with the visiting rules of the Louvre Abu Dhabi.
Louvre Abu Dhabi reserves the right to review membership fees and amend them from time to time. If any fees change, members will only be charged at the new rate, at renewal of their membership.
Additional identification to confirm proof of membership may be required by the Louvre Abu Dhabi.
Admission into the Auditorium
Admission to the Auditorium will take place up to ten (10) minutes prior to the time indicated on the ticket. After this time, wait-listed visitors will be allowed into the Auditorium.
Any person who seeks entry into the Auditorium after an event has stated will not be permitted to enter into the Auditorium until the first scheduled interval and their admission ticket will be non-refundable.
Seats in the Auditorium are not allocated. Seats are given on a first come, first served basis. Doors to the Auditorium open thirty (30) minutes before the start of the event.
Buyers are advised to come to the Auditorium forty (40) to sixty (60) minutes before the start of an event.
The use of mobile phones and all other electronic devices is strictly prohibited inside the Auditorium.
Photography, filming and sound recordings is not authorised at any time in the Auditorium.
Every visitor as a condition of being granted access by the Louvre Abu Dhabi to the Auditorium gives the Louvre Abu Dhabi express permission to record sound and video during events in the Auditorium and its express consents to appear as a visitor in any recordings used.
Eating and drinking are not permitted inside the Auditorium.
Children under the age of three (3) are not permitted into the Auditorium, except for events designated as family events by the Louvre Abu Dhabi.
Cancellation and Reimbursement Requests
Admission tickets and all other activity including membership cannot be returned or exchanged and will not be reimbursed (including, without limitation, if lost or stolen) or refunded.
No refund will be made after the payment for the purchase of the admission tickets is received by the Louvre Abu Dhabi.
Subject as expressly provided as follows, the liability of the Louvre Abu Dhabi to the Buyer in contract, tort or otherwise arising out of or in connection with the purchase of admission tickets is limited in all cases to an amount equal to the aggregate cost of the admission tickets, purchased by the Buyer. The limitation of liability at the Louvre Abu Dhabi does not apply to liability that directly results from fraud or death or personal injury.
The Louvre Abu Dhabi is not responsible for and will not be liable in contract, tort or otherwise for any cost, claim, action, damage or loss suffered or incurred by the Buyer arising out of or in connection with:
- Any act, omission, default or fault of the Buyer.
- Any act or omission, default or fault by any third party.
- Force majeure ,including ,without limitation, war, rioting, uprising, interruption in transport services, fire, computer failure, interruptions in telecommunications (including, without limitation, media and telephone networks and the internet), flooding or natural disaster.
- Any error arising out of or in connection with order processing or printing of print-at-home admission tickets.
- Any negligent act or omission arising out of or in connection with the loss, theft or the illegal use of the print-at-home admission ticket.
- Any matter or thing arising out of or in connection with the use of any internet network available from time to time at the Louvre Abu Dhabi (including, without limitation, the loss of data, interference, viruses or interruption of service).
- Any matter or thing arising out of or in connection with the cancellation or postponement of any event at the Louvre Abu Dhabi or any access to the Louvre Abu Dhabi being restricted in whole or in part.
- A change of display in the permanent collection or temporary exhibitions (access to the list of works removed from the galleries can be found on the Louvre Abu Dhabi website) or any admission tickets, products and services sold directly or indirectly through an unauthorized third party.
- No collateral contract, representation, warranty, stipulation, liability or obligation is given, made or undertaken by or on behalf of the Louvre Abu Dhabi in connection with the sale to the Buyer of onsite, online and auditorium admission tickets for the Louvre Abu Dhabi.
These terms and conditions of sale are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of the United Arab Emirates as those laws are applied in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
rotate your device to portrait mode